WE ARE OPEN!
At FLIS, the health and safety of our students and staff is our number one priority. We have made many changes to our daily operations to ensure the well being of all we serve and who work for us. All policies and procedures that have been adopted due to COVID-19 are based on best practice recommendations from Osceola County, the Department of Family and Children (DCF), and/or the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We recognize that some of these policies may cause an inconvenience. We ask for your understanding and flexibility during this time as we transition to a new normal and to take comfort in knowing everything we are doing is for the safety of your children.
Drop-off and Pick-Up Policy
- All students will be dropped off and picked up via a curb side method.
- Drop off and pick up should limit direct contact between parents and staff members and adhere to social distancing recommendations.
- Ideally, the same parent or designated person should drop off and pick up the child every day.
- Every child will be screened upon arrival daily:
1. Every family will be asked the Health Screening Questions daily.
2. Student temperature will be taken.
3. An observation for flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, or extreme fussiness.
General Health and Wellness
- All FLIS students and employees will participate in daily temperature checks. Any person with a temperature of 100.1°F or above will be asked to go home for 24 hours and will be rechecked prior to entry into the building.
- All students will undergo a second temperature check during the school/camp day between 4 and 6 hours after the start of the school/camp day.
- Staff and students will wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Hand washing will take place at a minimum at drop off, before and after all meals/snacks, after outdoor time, after any collaborative group activity, and in preparation to go home for the day.
- A hand washing schedule is posted in every classroom.
- Staff and students are encouraged and reminded to avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Increased and aggressive cleaning and sanitation throughout the day and evenings with a cleaning/sanitizing schedule posted in every room.
- Increase food safety procedures for serving food.
- All employees will wear face covering as required by Osceola County.
- Students entering KG or older will be asked to wear a face covering as required by Osceola County. Please ensure your child arrives to camp daily with a clean well-fitting face covering.
- Students between the age of 2-4 are permitted to wear face coverings if they can do so safely. Students who are observed frequently touching and/or adjusting their face covering will be asked to remove their mask. Frequent touching of face covering contaminates hands and therefore all surfaces touched. If the face covering is disposable, it will be discarded. If it is reusable, it will be placed in a sealed bag and sent home.
- Face coverings are not required to be worn during meals, snacks, or outside play times.
- If your child does not have a face covering, you will be able to purchase one from our Center for them.
- To the extent possible teachers will encourage and promote social distancing within the classrooms.
- All FLIS employees and families are asked to fill out a Health Screening Form.
- Operational hours are 7:30-4:30 until further notice. Staff is assigned to only one room and will stay with the same students all day. No students will be combined with other classes.
- During nap time when applicable, each mat and crib will be placed with the maximum space allowed between each student. Students will be placed in a Head – Toe pattern. All bedding brought into the center must be clean and in bag that a teacher can carry. We will not handle any bedding that does not appear clean or that is not in a bag.
- Students are permitted to use the playground, however only one class will play at a time and all frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected between use.
- School water fountains will not be permitted to be used.
- No outside visitors or vendors are permitted on campus unless critically required for continuation of operation.
- Please help us outside of school by making health conscious decisions, washing hands frequently and establishing good social distancing practices within your family. By establishing a good home routine, you will teach your children good hygiene habits and ways to safety interact within the community.
- Any employee or student with any cold or GI symptoms will need to remain home.
- We will not administer any over the counter cold or fever reducing medications to any student until further notice.
- Any child or staff member with a temperature of 100.1 or higher will be immediately isolated and asked to go home. Any parent who is notified that their child has a fever, must pick up their child within 30 minutes of the phone call. Any staff member with a fever will be sent home within immediately or no longer than 15 minutes.
- Any family or employee who has traveled by plane domestically or internationally within the last 14 days will not be permitted to enter the building until a 14-day self-quarantine as taken place from the date of return. For the safety of everyone at FLIS, anyone who has a job that requires travel by plane, we will not be able to service the children of those families for the time being.